1. TAKE 75 HOUR COURSE AND PASS THE COURSE EXAM:
- Successfully complete 75 hours of a New York State Department of State approved Salesperson’s Licensing Course (see local and online options here)
- Pass the required course exam with a minimum of 70%
- There is a requirement of a minimum of 90% course hour attendance, which means you may only miss 7.5 hours of class
- Students are responsible for learning material covered during an absence
- YOU DO NOT NEED A SPONSORING BROKER TO TAKE THE 75 HOUR COURSE
2. TAKE THE STATE EXAM:
- Successfully complete the New York State Department of State’s licensing exam with a minimum of 70%
- To register, go to the Department of State Licensing Web Page to learn how and where to register, information on exam dates, times, locations and fees can be found on the Department of State’s website. Pre-registration is required.
- In Rochester, state exams are administered at:
- Finger Lakes DDSO
620 Westfall Road
Rochester, NY 14620
Directions to the exam location:
- NYS Thruway to Exit 46,
- Take 390 North to exit 16,
- Turn RIGHT on East Henrietta Road,
- Turn right at 2nd traffic light onto Westfall Road,
- Finger Lakes DDSO is on LEFT.
- *Park in lot on right. Do not enter through main lobby. Look “New York State Testing” sign.