How to File a Complaint
Issues of alleged violations of the Code of Ethics, commission disputes and even interpersonal conflicts can be addressed with the assistance of the Greater Rochester Association of REALTORS® (GRAR).
A formal grievance process assists members and the public in handling disputes of alleged violations of the Code of Ethics (reviewed by the Professional Standards Committee) and/or disputes arising out of a claim for commission (reviewed by the Arbitration Committee). GRAR staff acts as intermediaries between members of the public and REALTORS® and assist in the filing and pursuit of a written complaint.
- 2019 Code of Ethics (links to NAR)
- Complaint Form (print, complete, and submit to GRAR)
- Arbitration – A1 Request Form
- Arbitration – A2 Request and Agreement to Arbitrate (Non Member)
- National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics
If you have questions for GRAR about filing a complaint, you can contact us via email or by calling Diane Russi at 585.341.2122.