How to File a Complaint
Issues of alleged violations of the Code of Ethics, commission disputes, and even interpersonal conflicts can be addressed with the assistance of the Greater Rochester Association of REALTORS® (GRAR).
A formal grievance process assists members and the public in handling disputes of alleged violations of the Code of Ethics (reviewed by the Professional Standards Committee) and/or disputes arising out of a claim for commission (reviewed by the Arbitration Committee).
- 2022 National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) Code of Ethics
- Complaint Form (print, complete, and submit to GRAR or use the Online Complaint Form below)
- Arbitration – A1 Request Form
- Arbitration – A2 Request and Agreement to Arbitrate (Non Member)
If you have questions for GRAR about filing a complaint, you can contact us via email or by calling Member Services at 585.292.5000.
Before you file a complaint, please read this information guide on the NAR complaint process.
How to Report MLS Violations
For GRAR Members who would like to report an MLS violation:
If the listing is an on-market listing in the MLS, use the Report an Error icon found on one of these two displays in Matrix:
- REALTOR Full
- 360 Property View
The icon is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside:
Are you a GRAR Member looking to report a potential off-market listing violation?
Please email GRARMLSRules@grar.net and attach or include the following:
- Property Address
- Agent or brokerage name that is advertising the property for sale or coming soon
- Please include any photos or screen shots that shows the potential violation (yard sign, social media, etc.)