Employer Assisted Housing Initiative
Organization - Amount of Assistance Available
There are no income limits for these programs. Contact your employer to see if they have a program, contact bank re first-time home buyer programs.
An asterisk (*) designates whether there is also a lender match. Some of the lenders are required (UR, Hillside) but others are optional (RIT):
- City of Rochester
- Highland Hospital (in designated neighborhoods)*
- Hillside Family of Agencies (in designated neighborhoods) $3,000*
- Rochester City School District
- Rochester Institute of Technology*
- Rochester Management, Inc
- Rochester Regional Health/Unity* (all of Rochester, no longer designated neighborhoods)
- Stantec Consulting Services, Inc.
- University of Rochester (in designated neighborhoods)*
- Visiting Nurse Services
- Windstream/PAETEC Communications (in designated neighborhoods)
- XEROX Corporation
City of Rochester Contact:
Phone: 585.428.6888 | Fax: 585.428.6229 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Rochester Home Ownership Incentive Program - $9,000 3/3/3...*
Obtain a letter from the Benefits Dept. of U of R
Apply with City of Rochester at email@example.com
- There are no income requirements
- 1-4 family homes ONLY
- Can NOT currently own a home in the City of Rochester
- Sectors 4 or 6 of the City ONLY
- The prospective buyer must have $1,500 of his/her own money
- Have to remain employed for 5 years, but there is no service requirement
- Visit www.Rochester.edu/benefits/housing for complete details
Specific verbiage is required in the contract for City Inspection, Margot will provide this.
A prospective homeowner must complete 8 hours of Pre-Purchase training (via NeighborWorks, Providence Housing, MarketView Heights, Urban League or Pathstone- Margot can provide you with contact information)
After they own the home they must complete three Modules/Post Purchase classes (3 hours each).
If they have owned home previously, no classes are necessary.
- Advantage Federal Credit Union- contact Sandy Leavy 585.454.5900 (does not do FHA)
- Canandaigua National Bank- contact Jason Proietti 585.385.2370 x50963 (does do FHA, but must fit requirement of low-moderate income)
- Genesee Regional Bank – contact Mike Pulver 585.802.6527
*$3,000 from U of R, $3,000 from the City of Rochester, $3,000 from Lender.
Homes Rochester Program- $6,000 (through the City of Rochester)
- Asset Control Area (ACA)
- Only Houses that qualify are Non for Profit agencies
- Agents are NOT paid on these until they are Multiple Listed
- Live in Home for 15 years
- Owner Occupy Only
Home Purchase Assistance Program (HPAP)
$3,000 grant for closing costs. This is for First Time Buyers (or not owned a home in the past 3 years) and income limits are in effect.
MarketView Heights and NeighborWorks Rochester…Low interest loans or grants for fix/repairs